Why Buy Travel Insurance?
When you consider how hard you have worked to earn your vacation, purchasing Travel Insurance is a small price to pay to protect its value. In fact, travel insurance typically averages just nine percent of the cost of your trip and can more than pay for itself when it comes to salvaging a vacation where canceled flights, missed cruise ships or other unexpected events occur. Travel insurance is essential for smart travelers who want the peace-of-mind knowing their financial investment is protected.
There is coverage and protection for many things that occur before and during your trip, including:
- Cancel Before a Departure – or you need to cancel for any reason
- Trip Delay – if you miss your air, tour or cruise departure– or even a connecting flight
- Trip Interruption – if you have to leave your vacation unexpectedly
- Flight Cancellation – if the airline cancels your flight
- Baggage Protection – for delayed, damaged or lost luggage
- Emergency Medical – accidents or an unexpected illness
Your travel agent can explain the types of coverage and help you choose the insurance package that will compensate you if your vacation happens to be not quite a dream come true.